Dear Reader, I got this email and wanted to share with you... I am not a baker, but these sound amazing!
From Chad: I received such great feedback on Bars that I sent on Sunday, I wanted to send you another one of my favorites.
It's a carrot cake protein bar and it too is the perfect balance of high quality protein, natural carbs, and healthy fat.
This recipe totally crushes my sweet-tooth cravings, offers long-lasting energy, and keeps my metabolism revved up throughout
And they're so DELICIOUS – you will love them. Enjoy!
Carrot Cake Protein Bars
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 2 large scoops vanilla-flavored protein powder (check out the Biotrust Protein Qualities!)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and nutmeg
- 1 cup pureed cooked carrots (or carrot babyfood)
- 3/4 cup Stevia all-natural sweetener
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, oatmeal, protein powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the carrots, Stevia, egg whites and ricotta cheese until smooth, then stir the wet ingredients into the dry Ingredients until well mixed. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 28 to 30 minutes Cool completely, then cut into 16 pieces.
Serving size: 2 small bars